Last Updated 19 December 2019
Thank you for choosing to join GrowthPass (“Site”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Information Do We Collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, email address, location, website, social media account, and contact information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Site(such as filling out forms, and writing reviews) or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us, and the choices you make and the products and features you use.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Site.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Site. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Site, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
GrowthPass uses a third party as a payment gateway in order to handle all the payment processes. Accordingly, the third party shall be responsible for any credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information. Therefore, we shall not incur any liability in the event of a breach of any of the foregoing by the third party.
All credit/debit cards’ details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties’’
https://www.growthpass.co/ will not pass any debit/credit card details to third parties.
Additional information we collect from Event Organizers
In order to pay you (the “Event Organizers”) your Sale Proceeds, we will collect financial information from you (e.g., your bank account information or an address to send checks) as necessary to facilitate payments.
GrowthPass takes appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies. However, GrowthPass cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online.
Will Your Information Be Shared With Anyone?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Site, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Other Users. When you share personal information or otherwise interact with public areas of the Site, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity. If you interact with other users of our Site, they may be able to see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activities. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Site, and view your profile.
Is Your Information Transferred Internationally?
In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in the United States and our third-party service providers and partners operate around the world. If you are accessing our Site, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see "Will Your Information Be Shared With Anyone?" above), in and other countries.
What Is Our Stance On Third-party Websites?
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our websites.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Do We Collect Information From Minors?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com
What Are Your Privacy Rights?
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do We Make Updates To This Policy?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
How Can You Contact Us About This Policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at email@example.com
How Can You Review, Update, Or Delete The Data We Collect From You?
You may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.